Friday, January 11, 2013

Nostalgia

Award for dumbest nostalgic moment goes to me.

Yesterday my co-worker asked me to go pick up some fish sandwiches from Arby's for lunch. I made the order, pulled up to the window to pay and as I sat and waited for the order to be ready. The smell of fried food hit me in the face and reminded me instantly of Cattle Congress & I got really emotional. Why you ask? Because in that moment of grease induced nostalgia, the only thing I could think of was how wonderful with was that the little baby in my tummy will have smells that make them feel that way. That will bring back good memories and bad memories and how WONDERFUL that is. Is that crazy? I just can't get over what a miracle this baby is and how lucky we really are.

Photobucket
Me as a Baby

I've also been really 'emotional' wondering about what our baby will look like. Whether he/she will have Andrew's eyes or mine, if they'll be born with lots of hair or none at all, if they'll have Andrew's nose or mine. Truth is I don't care as long as they're healthy but I can't wait to meet this babe ( after they are done incubating of course ;)! ) and be the best parent possible and to teach them everything I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment, we love hearing from you!

xoxo
Nic